Looking for ways to improve your website’s search engine ranking? Social media might be the answer you’re looking for.
Contrary to popular belief, social media can contribute to SEO ranking, although not directly. The links that you share across social platforms can increase brand exposure and have the potential to drive traffic to your website.
In this blog post, we’ll go over three ways that you can improve your website’s SEO with social media.
1. Publish engaging content
When it comes to posting content on social media that links to your website, quality over quantity is key. And if you’re not already using call-to-action (CTA) prompts on your social posts and publishing all of your blog posts to your social channels, it’s time to start.
Not only do well-written and informative posts attract more readers and engagement, but they also have a higher chance of being shared and linked to by other websites. This creates a snowball effect that can dramatically improve your website’s SEO, leading to increased organic traffic and improved search engine rankings.
2. Create shareable content
If you want your content to reach as many people as possible, making your content easy to share is the way to go. It’s like giving your content wings to fly, except these wings are made of social share buttons.
Sharing content can work in two ways:
1. Include social share buttons on your website’s blog posts to encourage readers to share the piece with others or on their own social media channels
- When users share your content on social media, it creates backlinks to your website, which can help improve your website’s search engine rankings.
- Another tip is to pull specific quotes from your blog content and create social sharing links that readers can repost with a single click.
2. Content posted on Instagram is shared by other users, increasing your brand awareness and generating potential leads and website traffic.
- Crafting engaging headlines and captions, using eye-catching visuals and ensuring your content is useful to your target audience are just a few ways to boost the shareability of your social posts. Once you’ve got those key elements in place, don’t forget to include a call-to-action that encourages your followers to reshare your posts.
3. Retarget users from both sides
One effective tip to leverage both your website and your social platforms is through retargeting. Simply put, it’s the practice of using your audience on one platform to drive traffic to the other. In this case, we’re talking website ⇄ social media.
For instance, if your Instagram Reel just went viral, you can retarget those who engaged with the Reel. The next time you boost an Instagram post with the intention to drive website traffic, you can target the users who interacted with your viral Reel, drawing a highly targeted audience to your site.
From the website to socials route, you can capture the organic visitors on your website and retarget them on Facebook and Instagram by using Facebook Pixel. By doing this, those users will see your content and/or ads created natively on those social channels.
By taking advantage of two-way retargeting, you can amplify your marketing efforts and increase your chances of driving targeted traffic to your website.
Ready to give your website the competitive edge it deserves? Click here to learn more about our Legendary SEO content writing services.
Do you REALLY need to blog for your business? (And if so, how often?)
Google best practices for Alt Text in SEO
6 tips for high performing blog posts