Blogging is a great way to connect and engage with your audience!
The content in your blog posts can also establish your brand, improve your website’s SEO and be reused as content for social media.
Here are our top 6 blog writing tips for 2022:
1. Write a clickable headline
The first thing your audience will see is the headline, which means that it can make or break their interest in reading the rest of your blog post.
While you’re writing your headline, here are some thoughts to consider:
- Is it short and concise?
- Does it make sense?
- Is it interesting enough to capture someone’s attention?
- Does it describe the rest of your blog’s content?
Spending time to refine your headline can truly make a difference for your audience’s interest.
2. Write an interesting introduction
Similar to the headline, your introduction is one of the first things your audience sees. If the introduction doesn’t catch their attention, they may lose interest in reading the rest of the blog.
Spend some extra time on your introduction to include a hook, interesting fact or compelling idea that’ll immediately grab your audience’s attention.
Here are some methods you can try:
- Tell a story with an enticing beginning that leaves your audience wanting to read until the end.
- Grab the reader’s attention with a cool quote or funny joke.
- Hint at what’s to come in the rest of the blog!
- Let your audience know what type of useful and valuable information you’ll be providing (tips for a certain topic, information on an industry, etc.)
Keeping your audience engaged during the first few sentences will likely make them read until the end!
3. Make your content valuable and useful
The best way to lose your audience’s interest is by giving them information and content that isn’t valuable.
Whether you’re providing educational information, tips, ideas or even infographics or videos — ensure it’s good quality.
4. Keep your content clean, clear and concise
Before your blog post goes live, make sure your content is clear, easy to understand and flows well.
Formatting is also an important part of blogging. Making sure that your paragraphs, images, headings and lists will improve your audience’s experience.
Remember to always have more than one person reviewing the blog. Having extra eyes to catch any spelling or grammatical mistakes or issues with clarity will ensure higher quality.
5. Add pictures
Choose images that complement your content, but don’t overpower it.
Any images that you choose should make sense to your topic and be placed next to the section it’s supposed to represent or complement. Before you share your posts, you should also ensure that your images are formatted correctly and aligned on your website.
It is also incredibly important to make sure that your images aren’t copyrighted. The best way to do so is to use images you took yourself or licence stock images.
6. Make the ending impactful
The end of your blog should motivate your audience to take action!
Here are some ways you can end off a great blog post:
- Encourage your audience to try something new
- Ask your audience a question and ask them to give you answers in the comments
- Suggest a useful product or service that can help your readers with their goals
- Give a motivational piece of advice that will leave the reader feeling inspired
Ending your blog post with a bang will always make your content more memorable.
Blogging is an effective way to connect with your audience, reach more people and establish your brand. If you’re wanting to get started, Legendary Social Media offers customized SEO Content Writing packages suited to your brand’s individual needs.
Contact us today to get a custom quote!
Check out our other articles: