This blog post is part of our Lessons from SMSS15 series. Legendary Social Media is taking part in Social Media Examiner’s Social Media Success Summit 2015, which is the world’s largest online social media marketing conference. This blog series covers the points and ideas we’ve taken from the course that we’ve deemed to be eye-opening and highly useful for other marketers and for small- and medium-sized businesses. To discuss any of the ideas in these blogs or other ideas about social marketing, please don’t hesitate to contact us here.
Marketing on Facebook is an art – one that becomes unbelievably easy when you’ve got an active, engaged, loyal fanbase behind your brand! Building engaged communities for brand’s is Legendary Social Media’s specialty – we take the time to carefully curate fans who absolutely love what you do, and the rewards are massive!
Often, marketers will convince businesses that the only way to create a large fanbase is by buying Facebook likes with Facebook ads. However, based on our experience at Legendary Social Media, and echoed by the presentation by Facebook and blogging guru Holly Homer in SMSS15, spending money on Facebook likes isn’t necessary when you manage your page correctly.
Grow your Facebook community organically with these 7 tips:
- Use the rule of thirds: 1/3 of posts should accomplish your brand’s goals; 1/3 gives your audience what it wants; 1/3 is awesome, sharable, viral content find out here.
- Use your page insights to review what works and what bombed.
- Be consistent with how frequently you post. Facebook rewards pages that are consistent.
- Use the Facebook post scheduler, not a third-party scheduling tool.
- Post super valuable content: stuff that your fans will love.
- Post lots of different types of content (links, video, photos) and review the insights to see which resonates best with your fans.
- Ask your fans to tag friends for fun, click through to an article or share a post. This helps broaden the reach of what you post and translates to engagement, which means that people who like your page and their friends will see your posts more often.
Need a raving, loyal community that loves your brand? That’s what we do! Contact us to get started!