Step up your TikTok game by running ads through TikTok! TikTok marketing enables businesses to connect with younger, content-hungry demographics. Start making your own successful TikTok ads by following this guide.
Types of TikTok ads
There are many different types of ads that you can run through TikTok, though not all may be accessible to you depending on your country. These are the types of ads you can run through Tiktok:
These are self-service ads created through TikTok Ad Manager.
This would be through TikTok’s newsfeed apps such as BuzzVideo, TopBuzz, and Babe. These types of ads would include an image, brand or app name, and ad text.
TikTok video ads run a 5-60 second video in the user’s For You page. Each ad includes a video, an ad display image, brand or app name, and ad text.
Spark ads allows our company to promote organic content from your own account or from other users.
Pangle ads is a mobile app platform that is placed through the TikTok Audience Network.
Carousel ads include up to 10 images with unique captains per ad, and they only run in TikTok’s News Feed apps.
Though there are many different types of ads to choose from, trial and error will get you where you need to go. Not every ad will perform well, so use that knowledge and data to your advantage by switching over your strategy and try something different.
How to set up a TikTok ad campaign
TikTok has an ads manager where you can easily set up your business account. Once that’s done, there are a few steps that you need to follow in order to create a successful ad campaign.
1. Choose your adjective
TikTok has seven ad objectives broken down into three categories:
- Reach: This shows your ad to the maximum number of people (in beta)
- Traffic: Drives your viewers to a specific URL.
- App Installs: Drives your viewers to download your app.
- Video Views: Maximizes video ad plays (in beta).
- Lead Generation: Use a pre-populated Instant Form to collect leads.
- Conversions: This drives actions to your website
- Catalog Sales: Dynamic ads from your product catalog
2. Name your campaign and set a budget
A campaign name should be something that is easy to remember and recognizable to anyone on your team.
Setting a budget means that you won’t be charged anything more than the amount set. You can also set budget limits for specific ad groups rather than the whole campaign if you would like to spend more on a certain ad.
3. Select ad placements
There are many different ad placements such as:
- TikTok placement
- News Feed App placement
- Pangle placement
- Automatic placement
Depending on your location, these options might be available for you to choose from.
4. Choose whether to use Automated Creative Optimization
TikTok can automatically generate combinations of your images, videos, and ad text. TikTok’s ad algorithm will pick the best-performing ads to release.
5. Choose your target your audience
Your target audience will be who you want to see your videos. This includes:
- Device details
6. Schedule your ads
You can set the schedule when your ads will run. Choose a daily or lifetime budget for your ad group, and also choose the start and end times.
7. Set your bidding strategy and optimization
There are three different bidding strategies to choose from:
- Bid Cap: Maximum amount per click (CPC), per view (CPV), or per 1,000 impressions (CPM).
- Cost Cap: An average cost per result for optimized CPM.
- Lowest Cost: The maximum number of results possible at the lowest cost per result.
8. Create your ad(s)
- Choose your ad format
- Add your photos or video, or create a video within Ads Manager using the video template or video creation tools.
- Choose one of the default thumbnails, or upload your own.
- Then, enter your text and link.
A few notes about TikTok ads
- Mix up your creative styles when creating your ads. TikTok recommends different clips with B-roll or transitions.
- Your ad can be up to 60 seconds long, but keep it between 21-34 seconds with the first 3-10 seconds being eye catching and engaging.
- Add trending sound and captions.
Our team at Legendary Social Media runs TikTok ad campaigns, and we create content for your TikTok ads and TikTok organic content as well. Contact us today to get started.