Are there seriously text-based posts on TikTok?
Calling all TikTok users! A new content format is gaining traction, (hint, it has nothing to do with dance trends), it’s text-based posts.
TikTok emerged as a video-only social media platform and now has a billion users. But in a surprising throwback to the origins of social media (think Twitter and Facebook), TikTok has launched text-based posts.
How can brands effectively use this new feature to engage your TikTok audience?
Let’s get into it.
Understanding TikTok’s text-based posts
Let’s talk about why we use TikTok’s text posts. These posts focus on text content, often accompanied by a simple, static background or a subtle video – but why would we use this? According to TikTok, the main focus is for “sharing stories, poems, recipes, and other written content.”
How to create text-based posts on TikTok
Creating a text-based post on TikTok is a pretty straightforward process. Here’s how you do it:
- Start by selecting the text option in the editor.
- Choose your font, text colour and background. Keep in mind that clarity and readability are key – make sure your text stands out against your chosen backdrop.
- Add the extras: TikTok recently came out with new features to make your text-based posts cooler than ever before:
- Stickers: Select and use stickers to add flair and relevance to your text-based content.
- Tags and Hashtags: Tag other accounts and include hashtags to connect with trends or a topic of your choice.
- Background colour: Choose from a variety of colours to make your text visually appealing and stand out.
- Sound: Incorporate trending audio or fun sounds into your text posts for a fun and engaging experience.
- If you’re not ready to post, save drafts of your text posts for later editing, or delete them if needed.
Crafting the right content
When it comes to creating your content, think about your message. Think about wanting to grab your audience’s attention quickly with captivating content. Here are some ideas for what you could share:
- Thought-provoking quotes
- Easy-to-answer questions
- A message that aligns with your brand identity.
Keep in mind that your content should be short and concise, or what we like to call, a quick read!
Are text-based posts better for engagement on TikTok?
As we know, TikTok’s algorithm favours engagement. The more likes, shares, comments and views your text posts get, the greater their visibility. Encourage engagement by asking questions or prompting your audience to share their thoughts in the comments.
You can also use trending hashtags to increase the reach of your posts!
TikTok’s text-based posts offer a fresh, creative avenue for connecting with your audience. Despite the challenge of crafting engaging text content, the potential rewards in terms of engagement and brand building are immense. Text-based posts may be the key to standing out in the crowded TikTok feed, fostering a deeper connection with your audience and driving your TikTok marketing strategy to new heights. Looking for inspo? Make sure to follow us on TikTok @legendarysocialmedia!