IGTV… Haven’t heard of it? Don’t worry; you aren’t alone! So what is this new social media marketing trend – and how can it help your company? Let us tell you!
The social media marketing roundup: OMG WTF is IGTV???
Basically, IGTV is YouTube – the Instagram version!
Recently, Instagram started a new, associated app that’s all about videos and dubbed it IGTV. But wait… doesn’t Instagram already allow videos? How is IGTV different?
Well, on this platform, you can create videos that are up to an hour long and will play in full-screen on viewers’ phones or tablets. So this is less about a quickie snippet and more about a full video content.
How to use IGTV in your social media marketing
IGTV can be another way of building your following and connecting with potential customers, making it an important addition to your social media marketing tool belt.
To get started, you’ll need to follow a few easy steps…
- Create an account.
- Choose on what kind of content you want to make.
- Shoot a video.
- Upload the video.
- Add a description to your video.
- Hashtag the video to make sure the right audience can find it.
- Post the video.
- Check your “insights” (AKA analytics) to see who’s watching.
- Repeat steps 3-8!
Like any other social media marketing trend, you have to make the platform work for you. So how do you make that happen?
- Make sure you don’t commit these 5 social media marketing sins!
- Add links in your video descriptions. Any links you put in will become hyperlinks, allowing you to drive traffic to your site or other areas of your social media.
- Keep your videos focused. Unless you’re already a celebrity, people aren’t going to watch whatever you put up. So if you want to keep the eyeballs on you, you’ve got to connect with the right audience and keep giving them what they want.
- Batch your videos. Instead of making your videos one at a time, take an afternoon once a month and make at least four. That way, you’ll always have one or more in the bank!
Feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of making IGTV a part of your social media marketing strategy? Let us take care of your channel and its content for you! Drop us a line to discuss how we can help with IGTV and more!